It is important to always do your client follow ups! I know from experience, that when you have met a person who is interested in your services and they would like to talk to you further about the ways in which you can help them. You only have a very small window of opportunity to contact them before they go and find someone else to do the same job!
Sometimes the reasons we don’t get round to doing the clients follow ups, is the fear of the potential rejection. No one likes to feel rejected and most people doing like coming across as sales pushy.
The trouble is, we all know that without those follow-up calls or emails our businesses are in the fear of becoming extinct. Clients, customers, and projects are what bring us the money into our businesses.
We need to get rid of the fear to be able to move our businesses forward and start looking at client/customer follow-ups as a positive way to gain new jobs and start working with interesting people.
Here are some good reasons to do that client follow up:
- You have already met this person and made a connection. They want to learn more about the services you provide, so find out what you can do to support them.
- Meeting them not only gives you the chance to make a new “business” friend but also gets another person talking about your business.
- If they find they are not in need of your services they may know of someone that does. That first connection can lead to referrals when then know more about your business, they will tell their connections.
- Make it a meeting over coffee and maybe a slice of cake. Or even a light lunch, to create a relaxed environment.
- Enjoy a meeting out of the office, it gets us home office types out of the house for an hour or two.
- Finding a regular place to have your meetings can mean a whole new avenue of contacts. You can build a relationship with the proprietor, they may know people who need your services.
Make sure you are making those follow-ups with potential clients/customers a number one priority.
Find out more about the services we can offer by visiting our services page on our website.