Here are my 9 top tips to efficient filing
- Have all the files you think you are going to need to hand. There is nothing worst than starting a job and getting distracted by a missing file!
- Have marker pens, punch pockets, labels, extension files and dividers, handy. So not to waste time searching for them later.
- If you have a rather large pile of documents etc, make space on the floor to make individual piles of where they need to go.
- If you think it’s going to take some time, make a pot of tea/coffee and a plate of snacks, so there are no excuses to stop filing.
- Play some if you’re favourite feel good music, to keep you motivated. (It will help cut the time in half!)
- If you don’t want it to take all day, set yourself a time limit, and the set an alarm, so you stick to it.
- If this is one of your pet hates of working from home, reward yourself when you have finished. Even if it’s just that you finish 30minutes earlier that day, it gives you something to look forward to at the end.
- To make this job easier each month, invest in some desk tidy trays, give them each a label and then the job is half done.
- If all else fails go paperless! It’s easier then you think, and would not take much time to set up.